|Japanese name||熊島 五郎太 / クマ|
|Relatives|| Unnamed Mother|
Bearmie (Younger Sister)
|English voice||Paul Greenberg|
|Game debut||Yo-kai Watch|
|Movie debut||Yo-kai Watch the Movie|
Barnaby Bernstein (Japanese: 熊島 五郎太 Kumashima Gorōta), more commonly referred to his nickname of Bear (Japanese: クマ Kuma), is a character in Yo-kai Watch, and is one of Nate, Eddie, and Katie's friends.
He wears very casual clothing which makes him seem a little like a biker. His hairstyle and the bandage on his cheek give him a very rough aura that actually contrasts with his gentler though slightly bumbling nature. There appear to be dark rings around his aggressive eyes that make him a little intimidating to behold.
He is a bit of a bumbler but despite his thuggish appearance, he is a rather gentle person. Bear is a bit of a glutton and is not shown to be athletic. However, in the anime, he, Nate, and Eddie share a love of soccer. He is unusually sensitive and can burst into tears.
He is good friends with them.
- Bear's nickname, as well as his last name of Bernstein, references The Berenstain Bears, a franchise centered around a family of anthropogenic bears.
- Both Barnaby and main club protagonists' fathers work as carpenters.
In other languages
- Spanish: Donoso "Oso" Camacho
- French: Balaise
- German: Bernhard Grabowski (Bär)
- Italian: Sandro Cioni (Sandrone)
- Portuguese (Brazil): Bernardo
- Korean: 차기웅 Cha Giung
- Chinese: 熊島 五郎太 (Traditional) or 熊岛 五郎太 (Simplified)
- Thai: คุมะชิมะ โกะโรตะ
- Arabic: جاد "Jad".