Black skinned with small, cyan eyes surrounded by red. On its head is a white hat with blue kanji on it (清, meaning "clean") to match the blue and white samurai-esque outfit. It wields a brown push broom with green bristles, often covered in soapsuds.
In the anime, the Brushido army are very dedicated to cleaning and fulfilling their duties with the utmost dedication. They are also very loyal to their commander, Washogun.
Brushido uses its broom to clean anything and everything until it sparkles, even in locations that humans normally neglect or can't reach. Typically, Brushido travels in a huge army under the command of Washogun to clean houses in a matter of minutes.
Anyone Inspirited by Brushido begins to adopt its neat-freak behavior and start spontaneously cleaning.
Yo-kai Watch animation series
An army of Brushido appears in EP050, led by their leader Washogun. They proceed to clean the Adams' house inmediately. However, an enemy army of Messyrai - their red, filth-dedicated counterparts - appears to undo the work they have done, having been attracted by the filthiness of an unseen leader, ultimately revealed to be an unwitting Jibanyan. The two armies engage in combat, with the outcome mostly unseen except for Jibanyan being launched off the roof.
Brushido is automatically befriended at the end of chapter 1 in the main storyline.
He can also be found underneath cars, vending machines, and trash cans in Uptown Springdale, or in the alleyway just below the entrance to Mt. Wildwood.
| Level 19|
- Befriended: "We'll be friends! Leave the tidying up to me."
- Loafing: "Time for a break."
- Being traded: "I was asked by Master [Player's name] to clean for you. I am honored to be here."
- Recieving food (favorite): "That's great!"
- Recieving food (normal): "I'll eat it."
- Recieving food (disliked): "So many regrets..."'
- Brushido is the first Yo-kai that you befriend through battle in Yo-kai Watch 2.
- Brushido is shown to have an opposite counterpart which will debut in the sequel.
- Brushido's "random" nicknames in Yo-kai Watch 2 are: Sweeps, Dusty, Neatnik, and Toby.
"Katazukerai" is a combination of katazuke (片付け, "cleaning up") and kerai (家来, "retainer"). "Brushido" is a portmanteau of brush and bushido.
- In French, "Samoussrai" is a portmanteau of ça mousse (it bubbles) and samurai.
- In German, "Schwammurai" is a portmanteu of "Schwamm" (sponge) and samurai.
In Other Languages
- Japanese: かたづ家来 Katazukerai
- Spanish: Milimpiano
- Italian: Pulishido
- German: Schwammurai
- French : Samoussrai
- Portuguese (Brazil): Vassourinho