Failian is a blue alien-like creature wearing dark gray glasses and wears a silver U.F.O costume with the small window panel pale yellow and the bottom a stripe pattern of blue (with yellow studs) and white. He also has a zipper behind his back suggesting that even this is not his true appearance.
Failian has an impish personality and enjoys Inspiriting people to cause them to pull pranks and foist lies upon others.
Abilities and Powers
Failian makes people trick others by firing a laser beam at them from his spaceship. The Inspirited victim will make a bizarre claim and cause others to panic, but then withdraws said statement and admits they were actually joking, saying "Psyche!" while pulling a face.
How to befriend
Failian appears on trees everywhere in Uptown Springdale in Bony Spirits.
Yo-kai Watch 3
Fallian can be found in the desert south of the Walnur Village.
- Befriended: "Honestly, I don't wanna be friends with you. Just kidding!"
- Receiving food (favourite): "Eugh!"
Failian appears in EP039, Inspiriting Katie, Bear and Eddie in turn, causing them to tell Nate distressing lies. This quickly extends to Nate's teacher Mr. Johnson and even the principal. After school, Nate identifies and confronts Failian, who promises to stop only if Nate successfully tricks him, before escaping and causing all sorts of mayhem around town with his Inspiriting like one that involved Mr. Batham succeeding a politician. Nate eventually realizes he needs the help of another Yo-kai and summons Illoo, trapping Failian in an illusion in which he causes global chaos, but is taken offworld by a visiting alien claiming to be his long-lost brother, scaring him. After Illoo raises the illusion, Failian admits defeat and gives Nate his Medal.
- The movements Failian and those he inspirits do before saying "Psyche" are different between the Japanese and English versions.
- Failian is also encounterable in Fleshy Souls in the northern-most tree in Triangle Park due to a glitch.
- "Failian" is a portmanteau of fail and alien.
- "U.S.O." is a wordplay on the acronym "U.F.O." (Japanese: ユーフォー Yūfō), which is pronounced like a singular word in a similar way the French do it, and the word "Lie" (Japanese: 嘘 Uso).
- "Falsillo" is a combination of "Falso" (Fake) and "Platillo" (Saucer)
In other languages
- Italian: Bugisco
- German: U.L.O.
- French: Mythovni
- Portuguese (Brazil): Falsialien
- Spanish: "Falsillo"