Great Legendary Yo-kai (Japanese: 偉人レジェンド妖怪 Ijin Rejendo Yōkai) are a special class of Legendary Yo-kai debuting in Yo-kai Watch 3 who were originally famous people before their death. Beyond that, not much is known about this class of Legendary Yo-kai. They seem to all have things to do with American history.
Notably, all the known Legendary Yo-kai of this group sport a five-pointed sheriff-like star with the katakana charater I (Japanese: イ), which stands for "Ijin" (偉人, Kanji for "Great Man").
List of Great Legend Yo-kai
- Much like the Merican Legendary Yo-kai, this group of Legendaries also do not have Legend Pages within the Yo-kai Medallium, and must be found in the overworld.
- Of all the Legendary Yo-kai groups introduced in Yo-kai Watch 3, the Great Legendary Yo-kai group is currently the one with the least amount of members, with only 3 as of Update 3.0.
- The revealing of this group of Yo-kai coincided with the airing of the 26th Kamen Rider tokusatsu serial installment, Kamen Rider Ghost, who feature transformation items based on luminary figures in history, real or debated. One of those items, called Ghost Eyecons due to their eyeball-like appearance, just so happens to be based on Thomas Edison.
- Two of the soundbytes that were retrieved from the Ghost Driver via hacks that eventually were given toy copies also ties to Christopher Columbus and Charles Darwin.
- Coinciding with Yo-kai Sangokushi, one of the Ghost Eyecons that is used mainly by the secondary Rider of said show is based on Oda Nobunaga, who has a crossover Yo-kai based on him.
- One of the Ghost Eyecons that the main hero of the season uses is based on Musashibō Benkei, who has two normal Yo-kai based on him.
- Coinciding with the Mystery Legendary Yo-kai, one of the Ghost Eyecons that is used mainly by Makoto Fukami is based on Tutankhamun.