In the anime, Lafalotta states she cannot forgive people who tries to pull jokes "willy-nilly" and as a result, she will suck the laughter from their jokes, as seen with Nate.
She also has an strange sense (as well as understanding) of humor, as she found Jibanyan very funny after being summoned in the middle of truck-fighting.
In spite of her amusing qualities, she does appreciate determination, which leads to her coaching Nate to make jokes.
Abilities and Powers
Absorbs the laughter that would have been heard from a joke, making it seem bad.
How to befriend
Lafalotta appears on trees on Doughnut Hill during the day (Blossom Heights).
Lafalotta can be found in the Old Mansion in Blossom Heights and in the Gates of Whimsy.
- Befriended: "Kyahaha! You're too strong! Let's be friends! Kyahah!"
- Receiving food (favourite): "KYAHAHAHA!"
- Receiving food (normal):
- Receiving food (disliked):
Lafalotta appears in EP066, in which she was responsible for making Nate's jokes lame. Upon being confronted, Lafalotta is asked by Nate to coach him into becoming really funny. Lafalotta agrees and imposes Nate into an extensive training to improve his acting, after that he grows a lot of muscle and sports a serious look. On the day of the act, Nate performs the tripping joke, but instead of making people laugh, he gains a lot of cheers. Lafalotta sheds a tear of pride upon this.
- Lafalotta's "random" nicknames in Yo-kai Watch 2 are: Lastlaf, Phoebe, Chuckles, and Cantlaf.
Lafalotta might be based on the kerakera-onna, a city yōkai that startles passerbys with her loud, persistent cackling.
- "Lafalotta" is a bastardization of "laugh-a-lot" combined with Lotta, a female name.
- "Waraenee" translates as "laughing lady".
- "Kicha" most likely derives from the word kichern meaning giggle or cackle.
In other languages
- Spanish: Algazara
- Italian: Rubaris
- German: Kicha
- French: Marra
- Portuguese (Brazil): Risalote