Yo-kai Watch 3 (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチ３ Yōkai Wotchi Surī) is a three-part game series from the third generation of the Yo-kai Watch series of video games, released exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS and developed and published by Level-5.
Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチ３ スシ Yōkai Wotchi Surī: Sushi) and Yo-kai Watch 3: Tempura (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチ３ テンプラ Yōkai Wotchi Surī: Tenpura) are the first two games of the third-generation series, and were released in Japan on July 16, 2016.
Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチ３ スキヤキ Yōkai Wotchi Surī: Sukiyaki) is the third version of the game, revealed in the October 2016 edition of CoroCoro Magazine, and was released on December 15, 2016 in Japan.
A special double-version, Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi/Tempura Busters T Pack (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチ3 スシ/テンプラ バスターズTパック Yōkai Wotchi Surī: Sushi/Tenpura Basutāzu Torejā Pakku) was also released in Japan on December 15, 2016, which includes the ability to play both Sushi and Tenpura with the December update pre-installed, and the ability to encounter the exclusive Yo-kai Treasure Komasan and Treasure Jibanyan.
Nate and his family move to St. Peanutsburg, America, for business, because his dad's business transferred his job to America. During his story arc of the main game, Nate, Whisper, and Jibanyan befriend Wyatt.
Also available for the first time in Yo-Kai Watch 3, Hailey makes her debut in the main series games. Unlike Nate though, her story will take place in Springdale, Japan with USApyon. In her story arc during the game, she forms a Yo-kai Detective team.
Later, Nate, Hailey, Wyatt, and their befriended Yo-kai team up against a common threat.
At first, the game was announced during an issue in the Japanese magazine CoroCoro. Level-5 announced that more information will be showed during their annual Level-5 Vision 2015 event.
During the Level-5 Vision 2015, the company showed a trailer and revealed that the game will take place in a fictionalised American setting. They also revealed a new protagonist alongside Nathan, which the new protagonist is revealed to be named Hailey Anne and her own Yo-kai Usapyon.
Further, it has revealed that the game takes place in St. Peanutsburg, USA, where the player can encounter new Yo-kai that are commonly known in the western world. It is known that the game takes place in both America and Japan.
Level-5 announced that the game was aiming for a Summer 2016 release in Japan.
During the April issue of CoroCoro, it is revealed that Yo-kai Watch 3 comes in two versions named "Sushi" and "Tempura". Further, a new tribe, the "Hagure Tribe" made its debut in the game and as well showing a new Yo-kai: Android Yamada.
Level-5 revealed new information about the game after its uncovering in the CoroCoro magazine.
- Main article: Gameplay of Yo-kai Watch
Yo-kai Watch 3 introduces a new battle system called the "Tactics Medal Board" which the player can collect Yo-kai Medal on the bottom screen. By moving the and matching the medals, the player will be able to avoid enemy attacks and as well switching Yo-kai and perform various other actions.
Terror Time now operates on a new mechanic: the player now must obtain a key somewhere on the map which will open the door to exit the Oni Dimension. At higher levels, either Gargaros, Ogralus or Orcanos holds the key instead, making necessary to battle said Oni to exit the stage. However, it is possible, although very hard, to obtain the key from the Oni's backs while they aren't looking.
- Main article: List of Yo-kai by Medallium Number
The game also debuts new Yo-kai in the game and a new type of Yo-kai has been announced as well known as the "Merican Yo-kai", that are wandering in the places of St. Peanutsburg. A new tribe has been announced as well, known as the "Hagure" tribe There's also new Legendary Yo-kai, including ones known as "Merican Legendary Yo-kai", and a brand new group of Legendary Yo-kai called the "Great Legendary Yo-kai". There's also the Sushi exclusive KK Brothers and the Tempura exclusive Tomnyan.
A group of Yo-kai called the "Seven Lucky Yo-kai Gods", which appear when a Dream Medal is scanned, different for each Yo-kai, by either the New Nintendo 3DS screen -depending on which version of the game is being played-, the DX Yo-kai Watch Dream toy, the Yo-kai Blaster toy, and the Yo-kai Dream Roulette; in all cases allowing the player to battle and try to befriend one of the Yo-kai for a day. Much like in Yo-kai Watch 2, some Yo-kai can be befriended only separately in one version or the other. Like Yo-kai Watch 2, yo-kai are still able to follow you in the overworld. There are over 600 kinds of Yo-kai to can make friends with and use in battle.
Yo-kai Watch Model U
A new watch model called Yo-kai Watch Model U has the ability to see all Yo-kai including the ones from the previous games, 'Merican Yo-kai, who have 'Merican Medals, and other new Yo-kai with the U Medals.
Yo-kai Watch Dream Model
Another new model called the Yo-kai Watch Dream Model let's you summon Yo-kai with Dream Medals. It can removed from its wristband base and be inserted into a Yo-kai Blaster in battle to shoot the opposing Yo-kai. During a normal battle, the Yo-kai Blaster can also serve as an additional befriending mechanic where each projectile "tickles" the opposing Yo-kai, similar to the Model Zero mechanic in Yo-kai Watch 2. While in the overworld, it can be attached into a Yo-kai Drill to break down blocks or a Yo-kai Cleaner to find items.
My Nyan is a new feature in the game that allows the player to completely customize their own Massaranyan. The feature does not contain only cosmetic differences, but each Nyan the player creates will also behave differently. At first, the player has to choose the character's face shape. Then, the player decides its color. Then, the player determined what its eyes look like. Further, the player can also opt if their own Nyan wearing a hat, picking its outfit, going through different tails as well adding different accessories. The player can also choose the tribe their created Nyan belongs to, as it isn't automatically a Charming-tribe Nyan like Jibanyan. The player also has the option to choose its abilities, like its Inspirit and Soultimate attack., the player can do this by using various "Nyan-Teachers". The default nyan teacher is Mr. Nyanpachi. However, all Jibanyan-based Yo-kai can train your nyan.
Like the Terror Time feature in Yo-kai Watch and Yo-kai Watch 2, Yo-kai Watch 3 contains a feature named Zombie Night. Nate must survive the night against Zombies by using a special hammer. Each objective is divided into "missions" rated in the same way Yo-Kai are ranked, in which players are given rewards for ringing the bell at the desired location.
Next HarMEOWny Dancing Mini-game
There will be a dancing mini-game where Nate or Hailey will dance alongside the members of Next HarMEOWny.
|Version||Release date||Official changelog||More information|
|Version||Release date||Official changelog||More information|
|4.0||August 30, 2017||Changelog for v4.0 via Gematsu|
Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki
Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki is an updated version of Sushi and Tempura that has been released in Japan.
- Yo-kai Watch Busters T is a new evolved version of Yo-kai Watch Busters. The player can go out and find hidden treasures in dungeons and fight against giant Boss Yo-kai.
- Four God Yo-kai will make their appearance if Sukiyaki is connected with Sushi and Tempura.
- Much like Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters, you will have an instance in the game, where it is of choosing between Sushi (KK Brothers) or Tempura (Tomnyan) when playing Sukiyaki, during Nate's story arc.
Yo-kai Watch 3 has sold 632,135 copies in Japan in its first week, leading only to the sales that the video game series has sold a total of 10 million copies in Japan alone. Since August 2016, the games sold over one million copies in Japan.
- Yo-kai Watch 3 is the first Yo-kai Watch game in the series that takes place in a different country rather than in Japan.
- Yo-kai Watch 3 is also the first game where the player gets to obtain multiple new Yo-kai Watch model variants within the same game.
- Yo-kai Watch 3 is also the first game where there are version-exclusive Legendary Yo-kai, with Otohime being exclusive to Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi, Asura being exclusive to Yo-kai Watch 3: Tempura, and Nandaryuoh being exclusive to Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki.
- Yo-kai Watch 3 is also the first game where Whisper, Rubeus J, Hardy Hound, Gutsy Bones, and Kabukiroid are befriendable within a main game.
- Sushi and Tempura, as well as Sukiyaki are all named after food dishes of Japan .
- Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki is slated for a mid-December release in Japan, just like Yo-kai Watch 2: Shinuchi had once done.
- Coincidentally, both the initial games of Yo-kai Watch 3 and Yo-kai Watch 2 had their release in Japan fall into mid-July.
- There are part of cutscenes and various other things that appear to have gone unused in the final game that one could see in early trailers. For example, a scene with Nate running down an alleyway about to summon someone (although not seen who), a scene with some sort of Yo-kai Lenses revealing USApyon while he jumps up in the air near Inaho, a scene where Tomnyan is greeting the player, the K.K brothers running a circle (like they do in the final game, but not in cutscene form). In addition, the attack sound effects was different, and USApyon's "shot" attack had the "charge shot" animation from Yo-kai Watch Busters but was turned into the "beam shot" animation from that same game in the final version.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Yo-kai Watch 3 Travels To Japan In Summer 2016
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Yo-kai Watch 3 To Release In Japan On July 16 In Sushi And Tempura Versions
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki announced for Japan
- ↑ Yo-kai Watch 3 And Yo-kai Watch Busters Revealed
- ↑ Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki Brings In God Yo-kai By Connecting With Other Versions
- ↑ Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi And Tempura Gets New Screenshots And Trailer
- ↑ Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi And Tempura Introduces My Nyan Jibanyans
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 Yo-kai Watch 3 Official website update information
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Official Yo-kai Watch 3 Version 3.0 promotional video and Official Yo-kai Watch 3 Version 3.0 commercial video
- ↑ Yo-Kai Watch 3 v4.0 Trailer
- ↑ Japan's Video Game Rankings, August 22-28