|Yo-kai Watch Busters|
Japanese cover arts of Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Squad, and White Dog Team.
|Release dates|| Red Cat Squad & White Dog Team:|
JPJuly 11, 2015
Moon Rabbit Team:
Iron Oni Army:
: All Ages|
|Website|| Red Cat Squad & White Dog Team:|
Moon Rabbit Team:
Iron Oni Army:
Yo-kai Watch Busters (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチバスターズ Yōkai Wotchi Basutāzu) is a three-part game series from the Yo-kai Watch Busters series of the Yo-kai Watch series exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS. The three games are developed and published by Level-5.
Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Squad and Yo-kai Watch Busters: White Dog Team were first announced during the Level-5 Vision and as well in the April 2015 issue of the Japanese magazine CoroCoro which Level-5 revealed that the two games were in development.
Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Squad (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチバスターズ 赤猫団 Yōkai Wotchi Basutāzu: Aka Neko-dan) and Yo-kai Watch Busters: White Dog Team (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチバスターズ 白犬隊 Yōkai Wotchi Basutāzu: Shiroi Inu-tai) are the first two games from the Busters series. They were released in Japan on July 11, 2015.
The updated version Yo-kai Watch Busters: Moon Rabbit Team (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチバスターズ 月兎組 Yōkai Wotchi Basutāzu: Getto-gumi) is the third instalment of the game. The game was released in Japan on December 12, 2015, as a free DLC expansion for Red Cat Squad and White Dog Team.
In addition to the above, the Yo-kai Watch Busters series has a arcade version Yo-kai Watch Busters: Iron Oni Army (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチバスターズ 鉄鬼軍 Yōkai Wotchi Basutāzu: Tekki-gun).
Yo-kai Watch Busters is an expansion on the Oni-Busters gameplay that was first introduced in Yo-kai Watch 2. Four players will face up against other Yo-kai and Boss Yo-kai, which in the game the player will play as different Yo-kai and go around town in a beat 'em up action style. Players will team up to form groups of four to take on all Yo-kai, including some bosses. The game series also supports online multiplayer.
Yo-kai Watch Busters was first revealed in the April issue of CoroCoro magazine, which was later revealed that the game will come in two versions during the Level-5 Vision 2015, which were called Red Cat Team and White Dog Team. The announcement came with a trailer which the game was set to be released on July 11, 2015 in Japan.
In October's CoroCoro Comic magazine, they revealed that the latest Yo-Kai Watch Busters game, Moon Rabbit Team through an update that will include in a box featured in next month's issue of the magazine. The magazine also revealed that the two Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team & White Dog Team will have an free update in December.
The official website revealed new features of the game. The update will have new missions, music, Yo-kai's and other updates. Some Yo-kai will be introduced in the second movie of the series.
- Yo-kai Watch Busters is heavily influenced from the American franchise Ghostbusters.
- Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Squad contains a medal for Rubeus J, while Yo-kai Watch Busters: White Dog Team contains a medal for Hardy Hound.
- This marked the first appearance of USApyon. USApyon was actually meant to be first released in Yo-kai Watch 3, with Busters serving as a cameo, but the former game was then delayed into 2016.
- In Yo-kai Watch: White Dog Team, players can use Whisper in his past form Whispocrates, while in Yo-kai Watch: Red Cat Squad, the player can use Rudy, the past form of Jibanyan.
- These games also mark the first apperance of Whisper as a playable Yo-kai.
- Iron Oni Army is the only current Yo-kai Watch Busters game that allows players to use Yo-kai that debuted in Yo-kai Watch 3.
- Official website for Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Squad and White Dog Team
- Official website for Yo-kai Watch Busters: Moon Rabbit Team
- Official website for Yo-kai Watch: Iron Oni Army